Policies & Procedures
The mission of the Dixie State University Academic Performance Center is to facilitate an active learning environment wherein all students can engage in peer-to-peer instruction and excel in their coursework. We aim to create a community of academic collaboration, both at Dixie State University and in southern Utah.
- Students with appointments have priority over walk-ins.
- Students who are more than five minutes late forfeit their scheduled appointment time.
- Online appointments must be scheduled at least thirty minutes in advance.
- Tutoring sessions are limited to thirty minutes each.
- Students are allowed two tutoring sessions per day.
- Students are not allowed to schedule back-to-back appointments.
Additional Policies & Procedures
- The ideal tutoring session includes a student who is prepared with an assignment description.
- The Academic Performance Center reserves the right to direct students to particular tutors.
- The Academic Performance Center's tutoring rooms are reserved for students engaged in tutoring sessions.
- Disruptive students will be referred to the Academic Performance Center Coordinator.
Tutor Qualifications and Requirements:
- Have earned an A or A- in all courses they tutor.
- Have two recommendation letters from faculty.
- Take LLS 2790, DSU’s CRLA training course, during the first semester of tutoring.